Monday, September 7, 2009

August 31st .. Friends at Fort Griswold


friends at fort griswold, originally uploaded by hobbitsmama.
Here are most of the kids gathered at the top of the fort (taking in the view of New London?). They especially loved walking in the trench and tunnel. It was a perfect weather day. We poked around the fort, made friends with a local cat, had a picnic, climbed (literally) the stones of the monument (the inside was not open that day), visited with an old friend that we ran into (randomly!), descended upon the local gorgeous stone library (where they apparently and against all logic (we were loud and wild) exclaimed a number of times .. "We are so glad you came in!"), said goodbye to friends, headed home with a huge stack of books, played on the computer, read our way through a good portion of said stack of books, played on the swings (e just recently learned how to swing and pump his legs .. hallelujah! I am no longer summoned into the backyard every 2 minutes), cooked a delicious dinner, and collapsed!
It has been close to a year since I started this blog .. and I literally forgot where to find it. I am resurrecting .. but sans grammar and with a stream-of-consciousness format. Our homeschooling days go by so quickly ... the kids are growing up right in front of me .. and I want to document it somehow. I take loads of pictures, so that seems to be the best place to begin. Load the pics to the blog .. try to write some of the details of our day before I forget. I want to be able to look back and remember. Our days are full of (mostly) joy and curiousity; learning and exploring. I am so grateful to be with my kids and experience their everyday revelations. I have my moments when I question if I am doing enough, if they are learning enough ... but when I stop and look at my children, listen to my children, look at the pictures of all the places we have been .. I know that we are doing what we are meant to do ... :)

No comments: