Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sept 16th .. picking fruit


picking fruit, originally uploaded by hobbitsmama.
Today J had a flat tire so the kids and I took a field trip to the tire store. The kids were interested to ask what they would do. We discovered the screw embedded in our tire and the man who checked us in and out later was very patient and explained how they fixed the tire. While we were waiting we went over to water plants and check on g&g's house. We saw a hummingbird up close. After some lego play and outside running around while I watered plants, we headed to pick fruit. We picked pears, nectarines, peaches and cortland/macintosh apples. Yum! When we went to pick up our tire, there were literally 20 men in the store .. customers and staff .. so of course, when asked if I needed help getting the tire to my car, I said no thank you. I think one of the men almost hurt himself running to get the door for me and the kids. I tried to be appreciative because I am sure he was well-intentioned .. but sometimes I have such a chip on my shoulder about being in gender vacuum places like tire shops.
In the evening we visited with Felica and her dog while putting the new tire back on the car. e was very concerned with how the tire would stay on.

No comments: