Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September 26


wood ducks, originally uploaded by hobbitsmama.

OK, I am irrationally excited about this sighting .. these are wood ducks! I have always wanted to see wood ducks. There were a few pairs in the pond but they all took off as soon as I showed interest in them. The male was actually chasing the female and nipping at her to make her go more quickly away from danger (aka the crazy woman with the camera). Wish I could have gotten a better look. We were on our way to pick up our veggies at the CSA .. the last week. Sigh. We got more potatoes, garlic, onions, and some great butternut squash. So we had delicious butternut pear soup for dinner. I made biscuits and salad. J made peanut butter chocolate cupcakes. YUM! Then Felica stopped over with some toys for the (thrilled) kids. Good day.

No comments: