Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sept 15th .. hog peanut


hog peanut, originally uploaded by hobbitsmama.
We are doing the "100 species challenge" and trying to photograph and identify 100 plants that grow near us. We are starting in our yard and neighborhood. These hog peanuts are growing on our back fence. There was a time when I wondered if they were poison ivy since they have 3 leaves. I have since learned that they can be eaten .. maybe we will be feeling adventurous once they get a little bigger.
L spent a bit of time playing at our hs neighbors house. Later we headed out to my membership meeting. The kids feel so comfortable there with all the adults. I love that my kids are able to have "friends" who are all ages. L says things like "My friend and I were talking about how much we like to watch birds" only for me to discover she is talking about a 50 year old. Love it. We got a call from our neighbor this morning .. she is a sweet 86 year old woman. She asked to borrow some change so she could ride the bus today without having to break dollar bills. When we went over to drop it off, she gave the kids bananas and a cookie. :) Riding the bus is something I am adding to our list of things to do.

No comments: